At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
You'll play a critical role in bringing Beam to more people by leading the growth of successful partnerships with our growing network of government partners.
You’ll be joining a growing and very successful Client Success team with huge potential to rapidly develop your career in the tech for good space.
- Managing and growing a portfolio of strategic partnerships: launching new partners, building relationships, identifying expansion opportunities and delivering a fantastic service throughout our partnerships
- Identifying and securing expansion opportunities, including developing proposals and leading contract negotiation
- Engaging Beams referrer network by leading outreach and engagement with our partners, including running events, proactively building relationships and engaging directly with potential members to promote the Beam service
- Working to ambitious KPIs and constantly looking to improve how we can bring the Beam service to more people
- Analysing data and bringing actionable insights to grow your account and further develop partnerships
- Playing a key role in the continual development and improvement of the Customer Success function
- At home in ever-changing, fast paced environments
- Organised and commercially astute
- Excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to make an impact
- Action-oriented - you're a natural problem solver able to break down complex problems into simple solutions
- A natural networker, able to build strong working relationships with anyone
- Excited about the possibilities of tech to bring change
- Humble, empathetic, hungry to learn
- Keen to bring your true, open self to work
- Demonstrable experience of driving growth through excellent partnership or account management
- Experience in a start up, leading corporate or in the public sector in a partnerships, sales or procurement role
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- A strong sense of diplomacy and how to appropriately build relationships with stakeholders across Government and charitable organisations
- Compassion for people in tough situations
- Experience and comfort with multi-tasking
- Resilience and a positive attitude
- Ideal: experience working with CRMs (we use HubSpot)
We’re a team of over 120 working from our beautiful coworking space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
- Highly competitive salary of £40,000 - £55,000
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Therapy, coaching, classes & content - powered by Oliva
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop - choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Discounted tech products with Techscheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Your own financial well-being coach, through Bippit
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with a member of our team
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Short presentation
- 3 final culture and values meetings with members of the Beam team
Start your journey to the most rewarding and challenging role of your career. We're excited to hear from you.
We’re proud to have a diverse team with broad talents. If you are unsure whether you tick every box but think you have the skills to make an impact - please apply!