User Experience Designer
As Beam’s User Experience Designer, you'll be responsible for the user experience for Beam products and services across the product lifecycle; from information gathering and concept development, to producing wireframes and UX deliverables.
You will work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, in the digital team and wider business, to design and develop outstanding products and services which have the power to change lives.
You'll apply user-centred approaches to address complex design problems and provide solid design solutions that work for a broad category of users from Beam’s supporters to the homeless people we work with.
This highly impactful role is based in London and reports to the CEO.
- Following a UX process from wireframing and prototyping, through testing, iteration and final design
- Collaborating with our marketing team, you’ll help ensure the brand personality of Beam is carried into the look and feel of the product design
- Conduct UX Research to ensure our product offerings and visual designs are consistently on track to give our users the best experience possible.
- Run user testing, identify and troubleshoot UX issues.
- Master analytics to support strategic decisions and make sure our products move in the right direction.
- Craft solutions in an agile ecosystem using rapid prototyping and present solutions in an articulated fashion to the Beam team.
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Exceptional attention to detail
- You have demonstrated experience designing digital product features and experiences, responsive Web and/or Apps
- Great working knowledge of user experience best practice, information architecture and content structure across multiple devices.
- Your portfolio will show us your design and UX skills and will show us how you approach a problem, not just the final design
- Up-to-date knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and InVision to design and collaborate from wireframes to polished designs
- You might be a designer with strengths in visual design, or a more technically-oriented designer comfortable with coding HTML prototypes, for example. In either case, you know how to take user needs and business goals and translate them into delightful and useful features and experiences.
- No need to write code but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy and enjoy learning new tech
- A passion for our users and an enthusiasm to offer them seamless experiences that exceed expectations.
Nice to have
- Volunteering or paid work with people who've experienced homelessness or other disadvantaged groups
- Startup experience or experience within an entrepreneurial environment
Compensation & Perks
- £30-45k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options
- Stunning coworking office by Brick Lane with WeWork community benefits
- 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading entrepreneurs
We're a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and drive major innovation, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org