At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
We’re looking for an in-house Talent Manager to join our People team and help us bring in the world’s most exceptional people to drive forward our social mission.
You’ll be joining a company where you can truly be yourself, learn from your teammates, and do work that’s truly fulfilling. In this role you will have the rare opportunity of using your recruitment skills and experience to make a huge positive social impact.
About the role
You’ll be working in a small and dynamic team, reporting directly to the Senior People & Talent Manager.
- Sourcing brilliant candidates from LinkedIn, Otta and other job boards
- Contacting applicants on our ATS via phone, video and e-mail
- Vetting candidates for our roles to understand their career aspirations, motivations and discussing suitability for the right positions
- Ensuring all candidates receive responses to their application, delivering constructive feedback when appropriate
- Coordinating interviews and calendars
- Ensuring all administration is up to date on a daily basis
- Constantly looking to improve our hiring processes
- Thinking more creatively to drive top of funnel awareness in Beam’s roles
- Managing internal engagement - inclusive of team birthdays, work anniversaries (Beamdays) and socials
- Highly results-driven and hungry to bring some of London’s best talent to Beam
- Highly proactive in your approach to sourcing
- Humble, empathetic and talented
- Passionate about startups and using technology to help disadvantaged people
- Data-driven and analytical when delivering recommendations on the best hiring channels
- Keen to bring your true, open self to work
- Naturally organised
- Passionate about delivering an amazing candidate experience, including those that we are not going to offer.
- > 1 year’s previous experience working in a fast-paced environment
- An agency or in-house background in recruitment ideally in a tech startup
- Amazing articulacy and story-telling when it comes to persuading a candidate to join Beam!
- An active listener and the ability to multitask and manage large numbers of concurrent conversations
- The type of personality that gets a kick out of being busy and managing a breadth of conversations all in one day
We’re a team of 40 working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and at home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we're one of the 10 hottest startups in London according to WIRED.
We're committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here. We especially want to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage.
63% of people we support come from ethnic minority backgrounds, 40% have mental health issues and 17% have disabilities. We believe we can serve these people best when we’re a diverse, inclusive team.
- Salary of £25-£35k – highly competitive in the tech for good and social enterprise space
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (minimum 20 days)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office or at home
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with our Senior People & Talent Manager
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Task and 30-minute video call with the CEO
- Three informal chats with people at Beam
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.