You’ll be critical to the vital task of growing our community of supporters as, together, we work to build a tech-enabled movement that will change the world.
This role is extremely broad - with the largest single piece being PR but encompassing brand management, social media and blogging, copywriting and events.
You’ll be confident telling the Beam story and mixing with everyone, from journalists and the media to our charity partners and of course, our amazing members.
We're open to hearing from smart, pro-active people with a broad range of experiences. Very senior candidates will be considered for a Head of Communications role.
This highly impactful role is based in Soho, London and reports to the CEO.
- Planning and rolling up your sleeves to execute on high-visibility PR campaigns from scratch
- Bringing fresh PR ideas to the table in line with Beam's vision and core values and drafting top-class press releases
- Proactively spotting and making the most of PR opportunities - you'll brim with ideas and be the kind of person who takes joy in making them happen
- Developing the Beam blog - writing yourself and kickstarting our guest blogging
- Copywriting and feeding into email marketing strategy to our supporters and partners
- Bringing strategic vision and actionable insights to help us further develop Beam's brand
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Exceptional written and spoken articulacy
- Thrives under pressure and unfazed by fast-paced environments
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude and hustle
- No need to write code but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy
- 2-6 years quality professional experience, ideally in PR or comms
- Avid, skilful user of social media
Nice to have
- Volunteering or paid work with people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Startup experience or experience within an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience owning and executing highly successful PR campaigns
- Experience leading and measuring email marketing campaigns and with Mailchimp
Compensation & Perks
- £35-50k - dependent on experience.
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options
- Stunning coworking office
- 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading entrepreneurs
We're a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose, and want to learn fast and drive some major innovation, get in touch.